<You> the Insane H-Madoran

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Risatina
Top Rater
Pet Score:5077
Realm:Madoran-us
<You> the Insane H-Madoran

Post by Risatina » May 31st, 2014, 5:03 pm

Is anyone actively pursuing this title on Madoran?

Since the huge nerf to this a few years ago, the junkbox turn in has been the brick wall for a lot of people. As far as I'm concerned it's nothing that a little teamwork can't solve. So, If you are diligently/actively chipping away at this achievement and do NOT have a rogue, let me know and I'll toss boxes your way.

Holler here if anyone's interested. Feel free to hit me up in-game as well.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Re: <You> the Insane H-Madoran

Post by Doobjanka » June 1st, 2014, 11:59 pm

That's awesome. I remember when I was going for the title, I bribed a guy with a Fishing Chair to get me all the boxes. Good times!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Post by Guest » June 2nd, 2014, 1:32 am

I picked up Insane during LK well before the nerf, it is pretty trivial now with guild bonuses and DMF hats/ ride bonuses. Best advice, set up an alt guild dump the junkboxes in there. Get an engineer to go with you during the turn in so you have a Molle, mail them to you acheivement toon, then ride the carrousel and wear a hat to get the rep bonuses and most of all have fun.

4 -5 years later and I can only barely stand to run through LBRS to get immature venom sacks for my pet runs vs Chromagus.

Risatina
Top Rater

Post by Risatina » June 2nd, 2014, 1:43 pm

It took me 4 months to earn this title in 2010. I spent more time in Dire Maul than I care to admit. The thought of farming Blood of Heroes, diamonds, and librams manages to simultaneously depress and enrage me. Don't get me started on flowers...
I agree that's it's a comically trivial grind now. In all honesty, I feel this title should be unobtainable as the requirements originally needed have been drastically reduced/removed.
But for those chasing it who find themselves stuck at the junbox turn ins, I'm offering my help.

Gorja
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Gorefiend-us

Post by Gorja » June 10th, 2014, 4:02 pm

I am also willing to help in the lockbox department. I put my battletag out there on the thread on the facebook page, i'll add it on here as well =). I farmed them once and then had someone help me with my last few so it is only right that I pay it forward since I cannot return the favor to that particular someone.

Gorja#1298 please put in the message what its for, just say lockboxes so that i know who you are =)

Radnok
Pet Score:4023

Post by Radnok » June 12th, 2014, 3:18 pm

working on it now with my 90 shaman, Tunok. Just about back to neutral with Gadgetzan. I am seriously considering spending the money for a boosted 90 rogue to gather boxes, however I would gladly spend gold for those boxes to do the ravenholt rep as well. Appreciate the offer.

For others pursuing it, Lost Rigger Cove is frequently busy with other people grinding goblin rep, especially on weekends. Also a fair number of people questing through there. I try to stay out of the way of horde characters questing there. Good luck to anyone going for it!
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Risatina
Top Rater

Post by Risatina » June 13th, 2014, 5:59 am

I'm really glad I checked here and the Facebook page before I deleted my junkbox toon.

Tunok, I just flooded your mail.
I'll be collecting boxes Saturday mornings till my storage bank is full (it's not a Gbank, fret not). So, expect a whole lot of mail over the weekends. :lol:

Hoddie
Pet Score:3577
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Hoddie » June 13th, 2014, 6:12 am

I ended up doing the Booty Bay rep twice. I used Knot's Cache to get exalted with the goblins for the Exalted title, then someone asked me if I was going for the Insane. Hadn't heard of it beforehand and couldn't wait to get started once I'd read a bit about it. While grinding the Booty Bay guards for Bloodsail rep it suddenly dawned on me that I'd have to do the Dire Maul grind again afterwards. I was also stupid enough to insist on grinding the Shendralar librams for myself rather than buying them from the AH, which meant 100s of full clears of Dire Maul. The number of times I could have cried seeing 2 of the same uique libram drop (could only carry one). After doing all this I then realised I needed a rogue in order to pickpocket the lock-boxes. Having only played a priest during my entire time playing WoW up to then, levelling a rogue alt to just high enough a level to wander around Tyr's Hand unseen was a horrible experience for me.

I did heroic raiding during Cata but none of the kills gave me anywhere near the sense of achievement that the Insane title did. The only help I received during the whole thing was when I asked a guildie with engineering to pop a mailbox down so I could hand the librams in in one go. This was just after the mailbox became available and I tip my hat to those who did this grind beforehand - because the librams were unique a toon could only carry 1 each per trip, and the nearest mailbox was a boat ride away for Alliance! Crazy times.

Radnok

Post by Radnok » July 28th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Thought I would provide an update - finished the mob grind on ravenholdt rep. Now for lock boxes. Risatina, thank you for the first round of lock boxes. I do appreciate it. Upside to this grind - two black tabby cats dropped for me during it.Meow!

Risatina
Top Rater

Post by Risatina » September 6th, 2014, 11:32 am

Sooooo... I went on a picking spree and am now sitting on 750 boxes. I'm not sure how many you might have waiting in your mail, but if my math is right you should hit exalted easy peasy.
Uhhh we need to get these turned in.
In lieu of flooding your in-game mailbox, I set up an gbank (shoutout to Blix and Groky for signatures! :D )
whoohoo!!

Radnok

Post by Radnok » September 8th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Thank you so much, Risatina, for collecting all of those boxes needed to complete the Ranvenholdt Rep grind. I did most of the mob killing for the Ravenholdt grind in Hillsbrad Foothills and had two black tabby cats drop. One of those I donated via my main to the WCP guild. Now Tunok will be returning to the southsea pirate grind and reopening his free cloth emporium.

Again, thank yo so much. Would not have been able to do this without you.

Pandirella/Brewbella/Tunok/Thunderjack