5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Chaosorder
Pet Score:5557
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
Re: 5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable

Post by Chaosorder » December 1st, 2013, 4:22 pm

Rendigar wrote:
Thetravellor wrote:Doesnt work at all, failed 3 out 3 tries - bear and mech stun
1st off, did you follow the note after the attack list?
Rendigar wrote:Note: If Corefire Imp is stunned before using Cauterize just pass and use it after recovering, then switch to carry pet
The bear will either stun the imp (in which case you Cauterize after it, then swap carry pet in and out) or it will stun your carry pet when you swap it in (which is fine). I'll have to go out there and run with that comp again and see what the numbers look like. The bear stun is a guaranteed thing and the strat has always worked in spite of it. The mech stun is not, but I remember winning even with it happening (albeit a tighter victory). The bigger risk is a crit with wind up along with the stun. I'll try and do this today and get right back to you.
Yes I followed it to the letter, and my pets are the same build as yours. I was losing by a huge margin, usually only having the carry pet alive early into the third pet.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 1st, 2013, 4:36 pm

Thetravellor wrote:Doesnt work at all, failed 3 out 3 tries - bear and mech stun
OK, well I killed Bloom at the end of turn 20 with Immolate (forgot it'd tick again) so I was only able to get 2 fights in. I lost the 1st one because I didn't cauterize when it was up (my lvl 22 carry pet could have won, but I am still counting it as a loss - but it was my own fault for not sticking to the guide - USE the heal, don't wait). I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get the full cycle of 20 fights done. If it's marginal then the Rabbit/Bot version, which is much more defensive and survivable, may just be the better team. Honestly, though, I'd had solid, consistent luck with the imp/raptor pair (when doing it right), so not sure why you lost 3 out of 3 with it. :(

Simrock
Pet Score:3185
Realm:Azshara-eu

Post by Simrock » December 1st, 2013, 6:28 pm

Hi,

first of all thanks for putting this together, i've been using it for quite some time now.

As i couldn't be bothered to put together one or multiple usable explosion teams, i've been using the Burst teams instead.

For Nitun a little alteration of Burst 1 get's almost a 100% win-ratio for me.

1: Unborn Val'kyr [-] (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren Water Spirit [-] (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)

- Curse of Doom > Unholy Ascension
- Switch to Pandaren Water Spirit > Whirlpool
- Switch to Chrominius > Howl > Surge of Power

Curse of Doom deals more damage to Nitun than Geyser and as a critter he also doesn't get stunned by it.
After curse and whirlpool go off he usually has 0-50 hp left, which just in case, quickly gets taken care of by Chrominius.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 1st, 2013, 6:49 pm

Curse of Doom + Unholy Ascension is pretty comparable to the damage of Geyser buffed by Howl (the stun isn't needed for Nitun, anyway - he dies to pure damage). I definitely prefer Burst 2 to Burst 1, though your alternate method for Burst 1 works pretty well on paper at least. The benefit of Burst 2 is you have 2 heavy-hitters at the end to clean up with, in case Nitun gets lucky. And since he has no heal it's unlikely he'll be able to get lucky enough times against a mechanical 3rd pet like the darkmoon tonk I prefer to use.

And it should be noted that other than No-No you can pretty easily always beat all of the beasts of fable with Burst 1 or Burst 2. It's just that the explode team is faster and even more certain to win once you get high enough health exploders.

Chaosorder

Post by Chaosorder » December 2nd, 2013, 6:51 pm

Rendigar wrote:
OK, well I killed Bloom at the end of turn 20 with Immolate (forgot it'd tick again) so I was only able to get 2 fights in. I lost the 1st one because I didn't cauterize when it was up (my lvl 22 carry pet could have won, but I am still counting it as a loss - but it was my own fault for not sticking to the guide - USE the heal, don't wait). I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get the full cycle of 20 fights done. If it's marginal then the Rabbit/Bot version, which is much more defensive and survivable, may just be the better team. Honestly, though, I'd had solid, consistent luck with the imp/raptor pair (when doing it right), so not sure why you lost 3 out of 3 with it. :(
Tried again today, lost again.

Had a think, then tried hybrid of the two strats:

Pet 1: Spring Rabbit (-) 2,2,1
Pet 2: Carry
Pet 3: Cogblade Raptor (S,S) 2,1,1

I dont own a level 25 rare P/S blue clockwork rocket bot, so that was not an option for me.

Followed your guide for rabbit, but subsitituted the raptors mech abilities where you describe using the rocket bot: used pound and renewed exposed wounds when off cooldown.

Worked first time, with the stuns as I described. Rabbit and carry pet still alive at the end.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2013, 10:34 pm

Major Payne fight ("The Work")

Using the Corefire Imp / Cogblade Raptor strat this is what I have so far:

22+21, 20, 21, 21, 24, 22, 22+21

I went and won again with a crit, but so far in 9 attempts I've lost twice. Not great odds, but without work to compare against the other strats (I have 2 other teams for this fight) I cannot say if it's worse now or not. I do think it's really strange that you are getting stunned by shock and awe every time you fight - I haven't had it happen yet and many fights Beakmaster doesn't even use it! The 24 turn win was after a critical hit with wind-up followed by a shock & awe (basically 2-shot my cogblade), yet even then the strat won.

I'll finish up the set of 20 fights and then start on the other posted strat (as well as looking at my 3rd team, and maybe even digging up the alternate imp/cogblade version using different moves). Don't want anyone getting frustrated, the guide should be as solid as we can make it, so if a strat has to go it has to go.

Chaosorder

Post by Chaosorder » December 6th, 2013, 9:58 am

Rendigar wrote:Major Payne fight ("The Work")

I went and won again with a crit, but so far in 9 attempts I've lost twice. Not great odds, but without work to compare against the other strats (I have 2 other teams for this fight) I cannot say if it's worse now or not. I do think it's really strange that you are getting stunned by shock and awe every time you fight - I haven't had it happen yet and many fights Beakmaster doesn't even use it! The 24 turn win was after a critical hit with wind-up followed by a shock & awe (basically 2-shot my cogblade), yet even then the strat won.

I'll finish up the set of 20 fights and then start on the other posted strat (as well as looking at my 3rd team, and maybe even digging up the alternate imp/cogblade version using different moves). Don't want anyone getting frustrated, the guide should be as solid as we can make it, so if a strat has to go it has to go.
your efforts are appreciated

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 14th, 2013, 11:33 am

Have you ever looked at using a hopling for Major Payne? He can occasionally solo him given good RNG, but is solid on the first two pets. The trick is it is reaction based:
1. Lead off with the Poison Attack
2. If he stuns you, pass
3. if he does damage to you, backflip to interrupt the rampage (this cancels rampage, so he only ever hits you once per cycle)
4. Refresh the poison on the first round he is awake (95% of the time, this is the round right after it dropped off, but not always)
5. Tongue Lash otherwise

He usually dies within two sleep cycles (10 rounds) and the hopling has 1000k+ health (sometimes near full). The key to this strat is refreshing poison when he wakes up and backflipping as soon as rampage has damaged you.

The mech is pretty easy, just keep up poison, backflip on cooldown, and tongue lash otherwise.

The only "jarring" part of this strat, is you want the hopling to die so you can swap to carry pet/swap to 3rd pet (I use a rabbit, but the 3rd pet is less important to the strat). Sometimes the hopling does so well that you have to pass a couple of times to let the the plant kill him.

I realize this isn't optimal for speed all the time (in reference to the "jarring" part), but I've never lost with the hopling leading, so it is very consistent in terms of success.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Aeseria
Pet Score:3854
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Re: (3) Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Ti’un the Wanderer

Post by Aeseria » December 19th, 2013, 6:47 am

Rendigar wrote:Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Location: Vale of Eternal Blossoms (67, 13)
Team 1: 17 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet] [-] (1,1,1) - - Any snail will do here!
    2: :!: [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] [-] (1,2,2)
    3: Carry pet
    Alt1: Any snail
vs Pandaren Earth Spirit
  • - Dive > (if dive misses, forfeit and restart) > Acidic Goo > Ooze Touch until Pandaren Earth Spirit dies
I might have this wrong, but with the snail, wouldn't it be more effective to open with Acidic Goo, so that the Dive benefits from the debuff?

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 19th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Aeseria wrote:
Rendigar wrote:Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Location: Vale of Eternal Blossoms (67, 13)
Team 1: 17 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet] [-] (1,1,1) - - Any snail will do here!
    2: :!: [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] [-] (1,2,2)
    3: Carry pet
    Alt1: Any snail
vs Pandaren Earth Spirit
  • - Dive > (if dive misses, forfeit and restart) > Acidic Goo > Ooze Touch until Pandaren Earth Spirit dies
I might have this wrong, but with the snail, wouldn't it be more effective to open with Acidic Goo, so that the Dive benefits from the debuff?
You do have it wrong for this one. The purpose of dive just then is so that you are missed by the rupture (which is the Spirit's high-damage attack, and is always used on round 2). By doing it the way it is posted you can avoid taking any damage until you're certain the dive will be a hit (since you can forfeit and restart w/o damage at the end of round 2).

Aeseria
Pet Score:3854
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Aeseria » December 19th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Rendigar wrote: You do have it wrong for this one. The purpose of dive just then is so that you are missed by the rupture (which is the Spirit's high-damage attack, and is always used on round 2). By doing it the way it is posted you can avoid taking any damage until you're certain the dive will be a hit (since you can forfeit and restart w/o damage at the end of round 2).
I figured that the point was to avoid the Rupture. I was just wondering if it was worth taking the Rupture damage to have the extra Acidic Goo damage.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 19th, 2013, 11:35 pm

If you could beat the spirit in 2 fewer rounds with the +25% damage added to dive then it might indeed be faster. But if the Dive misses you are left with not only restarting, but needing to use a bandage each time. However, if you don't mind the use of a bandage when you are forced to forfeit, then run with it and see where you end up.

I think for the guide's purposes of winning with as much certainty AND as quickly and efficiently as possible (meaning less wasted time/resources), that it will stay as is.

Edit: Just did a quick test and it does note shave 2 rounds off the Spirit (Rupture hits for about 350, the rock hits for about 250), but it might let you get an extra hit on the slime (I had 18 health after the slime's 3rd attack). So in theory you could change the order there to Acidic Goo > Ooze Touch > Acidic Goo after which you'll die. But a crit (or even slightly higher damage on 1 hit) by the slime would be a very bad thing since I think you need 2 rounds of boosted missile damage to kill him fast enough.

Daroyski
Pet Score:3438
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Daroyski » December 21st, 2013, 3:51 pm

Helloo,

Please forgive a newbie. :roll:
I am new to this forum and enjoying it a lot.
Used it a lot within the game when doing battlepets.
I read the guides but still like to know this one...
With some pets to figth against, the best pets to use with tacts are often mentioned.
But sometimes I see below type of teams.
>>> eXplode Team 1 :?:
>>>> Burst Team 1 :?:
What are those teams?
What are the pets used in those teams?
Where do I have to look for such?
Perhaps I overlooked some guide.
Can someone show me?

Thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards,

Daroyski
Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 21st, 2013, 11:18 pm

You want to look HERE for the actual teams and move sets. Because the Beasts of Fable (BoF) teams are re-used I placed them all in the 7th post of the guide. It does mean you have to drop down to that 7th post when you are facing one of the BoF but the strats are very straighforward and once you've followed them a few times you probably wont need to refer to the post much.

Daroyski
Pet Score:3438
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Daroyski » December 22nd, 2013, 1:22 pm

Got it.
Thanks for the reaction. :)
Have missed that one. :oops:

Oleph
Pet Score:8721
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Oleph » December 25th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Thanks for the guide, it's been instrumental in getting my pets leveled.

One thing I wanted to add was parking level 1 alts at trainers/bof. Cross realm BoA mailing enables you to make these alts on another server and still be able to send/receive bandages/treats/stones back and forth. The only drawbacks are the loss of valor, lesser charms and the vanity bop items. I've been able to bring my daily routine down from over an hour to less than 30 minutes using alts. One of the biggest benefits is you can use the 50% pet treats on these alts and maximize the buff. I've been able to go almost 3 weeks on some alts before needing to refresh the buff.

The following present problems from aggroing mobs, however, and my solutions:

Greyhoof - I usually fly my main out there after farming.

Skitterer Xi'a - there's one patrolling mob that will aggro if you're standing next to Xi'a. You can stay away from skitterer until he patrols away before starting pet combat. In combat, watch for him to patrol away before finishing the battle.

Ka'wi - I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I just rez and spam my "Interact with Target" hotkey and hope to get into pet battle before getting aggro. Die after pet battle and run back for tomorrow.

Zusshi - You can wait for the basilisk to patrol away like with skitterer. His patrol pattern is random though, so I don't wait for him to patrol away before finishing pet battle. I do the ghost run back every day and use a lesser treat on this alt. The rock in the lake is safe for you to set up.

Dos-Ryga - you're safe-ish in the water away from the birds. Occasionally will still die, but bofs don't need treats, so it's just a minute wasted running back.

Esotica
Pet Score:12427
Realm:Pozzo dell'Eternità-eu

Post by Esotica » January 1st, 2014, 9:40 pm

I use only 4 pets for all Beasts of Fable eccept 1

Stitched Pup every times+Darkmoon Tonk(vs beasts) or Kun-Lai Runt(vs critters) or Gilnean Raven(vs acquatic)

Stitched Pup's howl is great for this fight cause Stitched Pup is undead

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » January 5th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Oleph wrote:One thing I wanted to add was parking level 1 alts at trainers/bof. -- I've been able to bring my daily routine down from over an hour to less than 30 minutes using alts. One of the biggest benefits is you can use the 50% pet treats on these alts and maximize the buff. I've been able to go almost 3 weeks on some alts before needing to refresh the buff.
I got curious about this. Do you really have a lvl 1 alt for all the trainers or just for some?

I don't know if it's just the fact that I need to check up the fights from the browser but I think full round takes me 2,5+ hours. :/ I hope that at some point I could remember most of the things.

I recommend the addon Rematch, which automatically pops up with your saved team when you target a tamer/NPC that you have saved a team for (and it remembers which pet is leveling pet once you add pets to your leveling queue and save the team).
Rendigar wrote: /way Vale of the Eternal Blossoms 73 18 BoF No-No
/way Vale of the Eternal Blossoms 31 74 Aki
Should be just Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and the coordinates for No-No are switched (73 18 vs. 18 73). :)

Thundering Pandaren Spirit it's either /way Vale of Eternal Blossoms 67 13 or /way Kun-Lai Summit 65 93
Kafi's coordinates also reversed and a bit off: /way Kun-Lai Summit 35 56 Kafi

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Stencil » January 8th, 2014, 11:06 am

Rendigar wrote:Major Payne fight ("The Work")

S/S Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot + S/S Grasslands Cottontail + carry pet that can take 1 rampage hit
28 28 26 30 30 28 31 28 26 37 26 30 31 26 26 32 26 32 28 34 == 29.2

The speed numbers don't look as good as I would like them, but its super reliable in terms of not wiping. The 7 trials you had for imp + cogblade had a 27.7 average - so 1.5 rounds quicker if you're okay with the occasional wipe. I was allowing the carry pet to take one hit of rampage; had I been doing the variant for level ones there would be 1 round forfeits anytime he opened with stun instead of rampage so that would have pushed the numbers some.

Note also that I use the S/S version of the BCRB whereas I believe the guide doesn't list a breed requirement. I wouldn't want to try it with a slower breed; being faster than Beakmaster is very nice so that you win the battle of the Batters; a slower version is going to do less damage and take more. I don't know how many times I've seen it where one extra Batter hit from Beakmaster would have killed the bot or pushed it into failsafe and instead I get one more round of my attack and Beakmaster ends ups wasting their Wind-Up or Shock and Awe.

One thing I played with a little tonight is trying out Lil' Bling as a substitute for the S/S BCRB and it looks solid. Lil' Bling is faster than any of Payne's pets, so you'll get full effect from SMACKTHAT.EXE. You could prep the Rocket and put up Extra Plating on the second and third rounds of Hibernate respectively.

Lil' Bling also shows promise being used to just nuke down Grizzle before he can heal up with hibernate. I did like 3 or 4 attempts where I opened with Plating, then Make it Rain and then Smacked til dead. Bling then did great work on Beakmaster (killing him twice, pushing him into failsafe the other two times). I was getting to Bloom on round 12 or so.

Smackthat.exe has 5% miss chance, so a miss agains grizzle could cause a wipe. You would also be using a death swap to bring in the carry pet which means the Cottontail could find itself swapping in and taking a wind-up or entangling roots right in the face. I'll try to do some Work on it and see what we get.

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Stencil » January 9th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Okay, so I did some work today on testing Lil' Bling versus Major Payne and it looks like that will be my new favorite strategy.

Methodology: I have two Lil' Blings but only one Grasslands Cottontail, so half of the trials were done with an S/B Tolai Hare. I used Lil' Bling til dead, swapped to a carry pet, then to my bunny and went until Bloom ended a round with less than 500 health.

19 19 17 18 20 20 17 20 21 18 18 18 17 22 18 19 18 19 21 18
Over 20 trials the averages were 18.9 rounds, 998 health for the bunny, 373 health for Bloom. Lil' Bling killed Beakmaster as well 15/20 attempts. There were no wipes nor would any of them been if carried out to completion. The lowest a rabbit ever got was 381 health, but Bloom had 225 so Flurry would have been guaranteed to kill him first the next round.

Assume 2 more rounds on average to finish off Bloom and we're at a 21 round average with no wipes.

vs Grizzle the usual order was: Extra Plating > Make it Rain > Smack > Smack > Make it Rain. Use Extra Plating at start against Beakmaster as well.