5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us
Re: 5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable

Post by Rendigar » January 21st, 2015, 12:05 pm

Mrpogo wrote:I think this guide is great and very relevant still. The only thing I would change or well add to it, if someones suggested this already sorry, I didn't want to wade thru 19 pages to try and find it, but I would add for Aki the strat on PetBattles where it explains how to solo it with the Anubisath Idol. I did it twice last night and its the best strat out there for any of bosses.
It's one of those catch-22's, I cannot possibly include every good strat, and there has to be some criteria used to choose the ones that are included. So I try to stick to the overall goals in the opening post when picking what to showcase here. And while I know that it does NOT specifically require "Fastest Win" it does require as little RNG as possible. Sandstorm is RNG incarnate - which anyone who's ever had to depend on the Idol will tell you (especially when the idol had a miss chance on Crush) is an understatement.

You can actually still beat most of the tamers with just 2 pets (which is covered in the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4580]5.3 Beginner's Guide[/url]), so enough good things cannot be said about the [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] and [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] when just starting out on the MoP tamers. They are a great pair to have at 25 to help build your stable of 25's to speed things along.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 20th, 2015, 8:24 pm

With the possibility of the menagerie EXP going away, it might be worth looking at the WoD tamers now. Within one hour (food buffs duration) I can hit up as Alliance:

Jadeforest -> Whispering -> Thundering -> Aki -> Garrison Hearth -> Mole Machine -> Cymre -> Gargra (using FP + Aviana's feather) -> Shrine HS -> Nishi -> Mo'ruk -> Flowing -> Shu -> Yon -> Burning -> Zusshi -> Garrison HS -> Ashlei -> Vesharr -> Taralune

pretty easily using teams from this thread + my own for the WoD tamers. I usually have enough time to just make it to Tarr or to Tabard Teleport to Argent Tourny for Major Payne before the buff runs out.

On a side note:
I've been playing with the P/P Ore Eater + Feline Familiar vs Burning and it has significantly reduced time vs it. So far it has been consistantly 12-14 rounds (depending on Onyx Bite RNG)
Ore Eater has Acid Touch, Shell Armor, Body Slam
Feline Familiar has Onyx Bite, Stoneskin, Prowl

vs the Dragon:
Body Slam
Shell Armor
Body Slam
Acid Touch (dragon dies here every time...damage vs me is random)

vs Elemental
Acid Touch (want the DoT up early)
Body Slam
Acid Touch
Body Slam (so far this kills both my ore eater and the elemental on this round every time....not sure if RNG will break that)

vs Flyer
Pick Carry pet and swap to Feline Familiar
Stoneskin
Prowl
Onyx Bite (this attack can kill the flyer non crit sometimes)
Onyx Bite (normally kills him)
Onyx Bite (kills him if all low hits...I think)

I need to go back and math out all the possibilities vs the Elemental as I am relying on my own body slam to kill me. I also haven't tried out other breeds. I have an S/S I can test with as well, but I accidentally killed the flyer so no more tries for tonight.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 23rd, 2015, 6:17 am

Jerebear wrote:With the possibility of the menagerie EXP going away, it might be worth looking at the WoD tamers now. Within one hour (food buffs duration)...<snip>
I agree it's going to be worth noting them - I think the toughest part will be which tamers to fight in what order (since Ashlei, for example, is quick for Alliance, but slow for me as Horde to get to). But if nothing else the fights should be added now as there wont be the easy leveling after today.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 23rd, 2015, 10:10 am

I wouldn't worry about routing as much. To be honest, I never followed the route laid out in this guide and I know a lot of others do. It's good to mention them, but I think each person can work out a good route for themselves .

Gargra (8-9 rounds)
Pet Bombling (Batter, Minefield, Explode)(2,1,2)
Darkmoon Tonk (Missile, Shock and Awe, Ion Cannon) (1,1,2)
Any Carry Pet
*any Ion Cannon mech will work here (Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Menagerie Custodian, Draenei Micro Defender)

vs Wolfus (4-5 rounds)

- Minefield > Batter until Wolfus dies (3-4 rounds)

vs Fangra (1 round)

- Explode (This plus the minefield kills Fangra)

vs Wolfgar (3 rounds)

- Select Carry pet & Swap to Tonk > Shock and Awe > Ion Cannon

Cymre (16 rounds)
P/P Emperor Crab (Snap, Renewing Mists, Whirlpool)(1,1,2)
P/P Infinite Whelp (Tail Sweep, Healing Flame, Early Advantage) (1,1,1)
Carry Pet that can survive 1 round of Swarm of Flies
*It's possible other P/P or even H/H crabs will work. I haven't tested to be sure though

vs Idol of Decay (9 rounds)

- Whirlpool > Snap until Idol is at sub 250 health (usually 3x) > Swap to Carry > Swap to Crab > Renewing Mists > Snap > Swap to Infinite Whelp

vs Wishbright Lantern (4 rounds)

- Healing Flame > Tail Sweep 3x

vs Gyrexle (3 rounds)

- Early Advantage > Tail Sweep x2

Ashlei (11 rounds)
P/P Infinite Whelp (Tail Sweep, Healing Flame, Early Advantage) (1,1,1)
Backup pet of your choice incase of crit fail
Carry Pet that can survive 1 round of Swarm of Flies

vs Pixiebell (3 rounds)

- Tail Sweep untill dead (3x)

vs Doodle (3 rounds)

- Swap to Carry > Swap to Infinite Whelp > Early Advantage (hits Tally)

vs Tally (1 rounds)

- Tail Sweep

vs Doodle (4 rounds)

- Tail Sweep until dead (4x)

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 23rd, 2015, 2:23 pm

Rendigar wrote:I agree it's going to be worth noting them - I think the toughest part will be which tamers to fight in what order (since Ashlei, for example, is quick for Alliance, but slow for me as Horde to get to). But if nothing else the fights should be added now as there wont be the easy leveling after today.
Thanks to Jerebear's route I was able to modify it to become a 1 hour WoD minus Tarr and MoP daily trainers on Horde. Start at Ashlei (Spirit of Shinri to FP) -> Vesharr -> Taralune -> Garrison Hearth -> Aviana's feather to Gargra -> Bodyguard Vivienne garrison portal -> Mole Machine -> Cymre -> Shrine HS -> Aki -> Nishi -> Mo'ruk -> Flowing -> Shu -> Yon -> Burning -> Zusshi -> Shrine HS -> Thundering -> Whispering -> Hyuna

Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vaerosi » March 4th, 2015, 11:52 am

Jerebear wrote:Perhaps a title change might help out. I wonder if the "5.4" is throwing people off as if it is a non updated thread. Something to consider. If it is truly meant to be a power levelling thread, a title change to better reflect that might be the right direction to go. You might also put in a section explaining why the WoD tamers are not considered power level type tamers.

On a side note, the BoF aren't really good for power levelling either but are in the guide. Just things to think about!
I know I didn't click on the thread because of the 5.4 title, I just assumed it hadn't been looked at since then.

With the Menagerie XP nerf though, I'm a little desperate (not afraid to admit that) for 2-pet strats for all of the WoD tamers so that I can soak up some more XP (and pet currencies too, I hear?) every day. I checked out Quintessence's sticky thread to Pet Battle Guides and this was the only one listed for PvE/Tamer guides so I figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

Donnamartin
Pet Score:3930
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Donnamartin » March 26th, 2015, 10:04 pm

I have a 6.1 WoD-only guide coming as soon as I can post links on this site.

Jerebear

Re: (4) No-No - Lucky Yi

Post by Jerebear » March 28th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Rendigar wrote: Flowing Pandaren Spirit - Location: Dread Wastes (61, 87)
Team 2: 15 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling[/pet] [4-P/P] (1,2,2)
    2: Carry pet (needs 700+ health, non-elemental type)
    3: [pet]Tiny White Carp[/pet] [-] (1,2,1)
    Alt1: Imperial Eagle Chick [4-P/P] (1,1,2), Amber Moth [8-P/S] (2,1,2)
    Alt3: Pandaren Water Spirit [-] (1,1,1), Emerald Proto-Whelp [4-P/P] (2,1,1)
vs Marley
  • - Peck x2 > Lift Off > Peck until Marley dies
vs Tiptoe
  • - Peck > Adrenaline Rush > Peck until Tiptoe dies
vs Pandaren Water Spirit
  • - Switch to carry pet > switch to Tiny White Carp
    - Dive when there is 1-round left on Whirlpool and Geyser
    - Water Jet otherwise (if fight lasts longer, use Dive to avoid Geyser and it’s stun)
Note: If using the Pandaren Water Spirit you can use Whirlpool instead of Healing Wave.
  • This can end the fight sooner but is higher risk.
A little faster / safer version based off of Jhane's suggestion:
Team 2: 12-13 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling[/pet] [4-P/P] (1,2,2)
    2: Carry pet (needs 700+ health, non-elemental type)
    3: Any pet with explode (prefer higher health versions)
    vs Marley
    • - Peck x2 > Lift Off
    vs Tiptoe
    • - Peck > Adrenaline Rush > Peck until Tiptoe dies
    vs Pandaren Water Spirit
    • - Peck > Adrenaline Rush > Peck > Peck (Gryphon dies) > Explode
This one is nice because it minimizes tidal wave casts and is pretty Straightforward. The Adrenaline Rush vs the Water spirit serves two purposes: Minimizes the chance of Crit killing the Water spirit and provides speed advantage if your Gryphon happens to be low health vs the water spirit (due to to many water jets from Tiptoe).

Cuphat
Pet Score:13160
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: (6) Bordin Steadyfist - Obalis

Post by Cuphat » April 22nd, 2015, 5:50 am

Rendigar wrote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goz Banefury - Location: Twilight Highlands (56, 56)
Team 1: 13 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Snarly[/pet] [-] (1,1,2)
    2: Carry pet
    3: [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] [-] (1,1,2)
    Alt1: Chuck/Muckbreath/Toothy (1,1,2)
    Alt3: Tranquil Mechanical Yeti [-] (1,1,2), Menagerie Custodian [-] (1,1,2)
vs Twilight
  • - Rip > Blood in the Water > Surge
vs Amythel
  • - Rip > Rip > Blood in the Water > Rip until your Snarly dies
    - Switch to carry pet > switch to Darkmoon Tonk > Missile until Amythel dies
vs Helios
  • - Shock and Awe > Missile (just in case he heals unless he is stunned) > Ion Canon
Optional after fight return to Capital City then portal to Uldum, heal at NPC Name (xx, xx)
I was having tons of troubles with this guy - more often than not it seemed my Tonk would get murdered by the spider (either I'd follow Shock and Awe with Ion Cannon, except the spider healed and now I am screwed, or I follow it with Missile and it'd use Spiderling Swarm and I'd be screwed).

I ended up replacing Shock and Awe with Minefield and dropping a minefield right when I brought the Tonk out. That way, I could Ion Cannon to vaporize the spider immediately before it does anything dangerous. Obviously, that limits the strategy to Tonk only, so you'd have to heal before heading to Uldum.

Thanks for the guide, it was a great help.

Prudentius
Pet Score:4228
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Re: (3) Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Ti’un the Wanderer

Post by Prudentius » August 14th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Rendigar wrote:Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Location: Kun-Lai Summit (65, 93)
Team 1: 17 rounds
  • 1: [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet] [-] (1,1,1) - - Any snail will do here!
    2: :!: [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] [-] (1,2,2)
    3: Carry pet
    Alt1: Any snail
vs Pandaren Earth Spirit
  • - Dive > (if dive misses, forfeit and restart) > Acidic Goo > Ooze Touch until Pandaren Earth Spirit dies
vs Sludgy
  • - Ooze Touch > Acidic Goo > Acidic Goo (you will most likely die before the second cast of Acidic Goo)
    - Switch to Darkmoon Zeppelin > chain cast Missile until Sludgy dies
vs Darnak
  • - It takes 3-4 missiles (assuming no crits) to get him in explode range (Zep explodes for 618):
    Missile > Decoy > Missile x2 > Explode (ideal)
    Missile > Decoy > Missile x3 > Explode -- works if you miss with only 1 missile
    Missile > Decoy > Missile x4 > pass > Explode -- works if you miss with 2 missiles in the first 4 fired, but the fifth better hit
    - If you crit with a missile you can explode early, as long as Darnak has under 619 health.
Note: your carry pet doesn't need to participate, as it will be the only one left alive at the end of the fight and will thus receive XP

The ideal snail for this fight is [pet]Shimmershell Snail[/pet] breed H/P (7/17) weighing in with 1790H 305P, taking and dishing damage from the first two enemy pets a little better than any breed of [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet].

Prudentius
Pet Score:4228
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Prudentius » September 12th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Tested out a pair of birds against No-No today. The results mostly depends on how lazy No-No is in his attacks.

[pet]Crow[/pet] - 2/2/1
[pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet] - */1/1
[pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet] - 2/2/1

[pet]Crow[/pet]-
[ability]Call Darkness[/ability]
[ability]Murder[/ability] (until [pet]Crow[/pet] dies; within first use hopefully)

[pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet] -
(If you have 1 round of Shattered Defenses and Darkness is active)
[ability]Nocturnal Strike[/ability]
(without Darkness...)
[ability]Peck[/ability] (to Kill)
(without either... forfeit, its just faster)

Clean up with [pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet] if necessary.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » October 4th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Found a level 1 carry pet strat for Wastewalker Shu that takes 19 rounds:

Wastewalker Shu - Location: Dread Wastes (55, 37)
Team 1: 19 rounds
  • 1: :!: [pet]Syd the Squid[/pet] [-] (1,1,x)
    2: Carry pet
    3: :!:[pet]Chrominius[/pet] [-] (2,1,2)
    • - Tidal Wave x3 > Bubble > Tidal Wave x8 (die on final Whirlpool round)
      - Select Carry pet after Syd's death
      - Swap to Chrominius > Arcane Explosion x3 > Howl > Arcane Explosion (back row pets die) > Surge of Power
Edit: while it is tempting to use Cleansing Rain to up the Tidal Wave damage, it doesn't help long term and only serves to increase Crusher's damage (and making you more susceptible to crits)
Last edited by Jerebear on October 7th, 2015, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » October 7th, 2015, 11:35 am

Jerebear wrote:Arcane Explosion (back row pets die)
Or Mutilator is left with 3/1500 hp, two attempts in a row :D I wonder what the odds are of not getting at least one crit against Mutilator...

Mutilator 3 hp after 17 rounds:
Round 18. Arcane Explosion -> Mutilator dies, Crusher applies Whirlpool.
Round 19. Arcane Explosion (Dragonkin buff activated)
Round 20. Surge of Power

Not sure if that successful outcome is dependent on Chrominius not being critically hit by Surge.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » October 7th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Yep, sorry I miscounted. It was 3xAE, Howl, AE, Surge. 19 rounds. I'll edit it.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » October 7th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Iibis wrote:
Jerebear wrote:Arcane Explosion (back row pets die)
Or Mutilator is left with 3/1500 hp, two attempts in a row :D I wonder what the odds are of not getting at least one crit against Mutilator...

Mutilator 3 hp after 17 rounds:
Round 18. Arcane Explosion -> Mutilator dies, Crusher applies Whirlpool.
Round 19. Arcane Explosion (Dragonkin buff activated)
Round 20. Surge of Power

Not sure if that successful outcome is dependent on Chrominius not being critically hit by Surge.
Try this instead: Empowered Mana Fiend with Arcane Explosion, Surge of Power, Arcane Storm

R12 Tidal Wave (Syd dies), Select Carry Pet to replace Syd
without crits, Mutilator will have 312 HP and the elemental will be almost dead
R13 Swap to Empowered Mana Fiend
R14 Arcane Explosion
R15 Arcane Explosion
R16 Arcane Explosion (normally this is it, but keep casting if backline pets still up)
R17 Arcane Storm (428 damage)
R18 Arcane Explosion if Crusher above 892 HP or if not, then Surge of Power (<=892)
[R19] Surge of Power

I have only run it once, so I am not sure if it is consistant enough to kill the crab without another AE. Empowered Mana Fiend, despite the low HP, is a magic pet so it takes weak damage and has crit reduction from the racial. More survivable.

EDIT: Math suggests Renewing mists can keep the crab from dying on R18 if it averages more than 132 per round. If that happens, do another AE instead of Surge of Power, and then do Surge of Power after. Edited above to reflect that.
Last edited by Jerebear on December 4th, 2015, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 4th, 2015, 11:51 am

Here's a 16 or 17 round Wastewalker Shu strat that is mostly level 1 pet safe. The carry pet will take 15 + 30 + 45 = 90 non crit Mechanical damage, so the carry pet just needs like 116 HP (assuming 1 crit) health if non beast and 174 HP (again assuming one crit) if a beast, so you can pretty safely do a any non beast at level 1+ and any beast at level 2+. Luckily if you use Rematch as an addon, you can just set the team preferences to only load carry pets that match that criteria.

It does require an XT pet, so either Pet Store (preferred due to higher health) or AH gold (will work still). This strat won't be for everyone, but it is fast and pretty reliable

Wastewalker Shu
Team 1: 16-17 rounds (crits can make it 14-19)
  • 1: Carry Pet - - Min 116 HP for non beasts (level 1+), Min 174 HP for beasts (level 2+)
    2: [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] [-] (1,2,2) or [pet]Landro's Lil' XT[/pet] [-] (1,2,2)
    3: [pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] [-] (1,2,2)
    vs Crusher
    • - Pass > Switch to XT > Heartbroken > Tympanic Tantrum (3x rounds) > Zap until XT dies (usually 2x)
      - If XT dies before Crusher, select Water Spirit and use Water Jet until Crusher dies (usually no more than 2x)
    vs Pounder
    • - If XT is still alive, Zap until dead and select Water Spirit, otherwise:
      - If Pounder's first round (Sandstorm), use Whirlpool
      - If Pounder's second round (Rupture), use Dive
      - Whirlpool on cooldown and use Water Jet until Pounder dies

NOTE: You want to ENSURE that Pounder doesn't die before the last round of Sandstorm. You don't want to have Sandstorm up for any rounds vs Mutilator for this to work. So if you crit vs Pounder, keep an eye on his HP and pass a Water Jet round if you have to.
    vs Mutilator
    • - Water Jet x2 and he dies.
The gist of how this works is Tympanic Tantrum will bring Mutilator down to 423 HP (or lower if it crits). Mutilator uses a shield that reduces damage by 74. If Sandstorm isn't up vs Mutilator, the Water Spirit will be able to kill Mutilator before any major damage damage is done (only a single reflected damage from Spiked Shield). If Sandstorm is up, it will take 1 extra round and Mutilator can get in 2 major hits if he follows spiked skin with Powerball. Either way, you want to make sure that Sandstorm is down vs Mutilator.

The Water Spirit doesn't suffer from the 10% accuracy debuff and can dive to avoid Pounder's first rupture (so no stun). Otherwise, stick to keeping up whirlpool and using Water Jet in between. Pounder should never get to the 2nd rupture.

There only thing two things that can screw this strat up:
1. If you accidentally kill Pounder before the last round of Sandstorm. If you don't crit on him, it won't be a problem, but if you do, you'll have to quickly decide if you need to attack or pass on a Water Jet. Shouldn't need to pass on a Whirlpool unless Sandstorm is ending and a Water Jet will kill him as it ends or after.

2. If XT is killed before Crusher dies on round 5. This can happen if both a Whirlpool crits forcing the mech round early AND the following surge crits as well. There is an extremely low chance of this (less than 1% chance).

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 31st, 2015, 12:30 pm

Some other new ideas from another thread:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =3&t=15285