Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us
Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Post by Stencil » June 6th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Kring wrote:I don't really like this as it fails about once out of three times for me. Is there a way to see the history of this guide? I'd like to know what the strategie before this one was. Or was it Idol and Proto-Whelp?

The problem is that the Idol takes to much damage from the first pet and snarly is down to about 500 hp from cyclone.
Idol and Proto-Whelp was Cab's strat. One tweak might be to replace Snarly with Electrified Razortooth (Rip, Blood in the Water, Devour) which will take less damage from cyclone because its an elemental, not an aquatic.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » June 6th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:Wouldn't the Scourged Whelping {8} be better? its the P/S one, sure you lose health, but with it having a stronger power then other breed, it would kill his pets faster. I have not tested it, as I only have a P/S one that is rare, and was wondering
Nope, I only had a P/S as well and when I tried it I realized why you want the H/H. The P/S has a speed of 257 which is faster than Jadefire who has a speed of 250; that means you don't get the second hit from Tail Sweep.

I ended up stoning an H/H and I'm really liking this strat by the way. Really opened my eyes on what the Scourged Whelpling can do.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 6th, 2013, 5:43 pm

If you use stoneskin On the fire spirit, you'll do more damage, hit more often and the wasted round with liftoff will be used to refresh the shield. On the fire spirit, you shield on the heal round. Should make it through fine. Kill off the idol and double swap to a emerald proto whelp.

Stencil

Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3)

Post by Stencil » June 6th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Phraide wrote:Against a Critter, Snap will do 625 dmg ... against Ashtail, you are not guaranted to attack first with the Crane, because Ashtail has the Quick-Attack ability
That was base? Heh, that thing is a beast. I really, really need to go farm one up. One negative I noticed today was that Kali's Arcane Explosion does extra damage versus the Crane Chick. They aren't huge hits, but I had some missed Breaths versus Kali and so the Crane Chick was coming in with less health than I would have liked. Ashtail, of course, did use Quick Attack and that dropped me below half health :( So, yeah, here's a vote for the Emperor Crap.
Phraide wrote:Do you prefer a faster kill (the Sentry is 1-round faster), or a more reliable one (the Anodized Robo Cub can't miss)? The difference is pretty small here.
I tend to err too far on the safe side; too many dodged Ion Cannons in my past or something ;) My Robo Cub was an H/H breed and between having a bigger health pool and the option of working in a Repair if the supercharged Bite missed, I remember it as handling everything Sludgy ever threw at it. I will be switching to the Sentry, though. You're right that the miss chance isn't big enough to inflate real average rounds to kill very much.
Phraide wrote:But the Sentry is easier to get than the Robo Cub imho. Thus I replaced the Robo Cub with the Sentry in the guide.
That's a very good point.
Phraide wrote:The sentry will die to Burrow (forcing a swap and a Stone Rush on the Rabbit) if it eats a crit against one of Sludgy abilities. But the previous team with Anodized Robo Cub was in the same boat: a crit on one of Sludgy's abilities and your Rabbit was doomed. The death swap on Darnak is a problem, indeed. I think I will begin the fight with the Carry pet.
Actually, the most recent time I tried this strat Sludgy's Expunge crit and so mechanical was triggered as I got to Darnak. But since I was aware of it, I just switched from the planned death swap to hard swapping through the carry to the rabbit.

The slowest part of this fight has always been grinding down Darnak when Burrows would miss so getting in a Supercharged Laser as part of a death swap is very appealing. I wouldn't start with the Carry pet, though, since wouldn't that force the bunny to eat a Rupture?

I'd just amend the Darnak section so that it forks based on the Sentry's health and whether the passive has already triggered. If the passive has triggered or if the health is low enough that Creeping Ooze will trigger it then on round one you do a hard swap to carry pet and then to rabbit. Otherwise, its Lasers and the death swap.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3)

Post by Kring » June 7th, 2013, 3:40 am

Phraide wrote:There is a little bit of RNG involved in this fight because of the Anubisath Idol (80% accuracy on his filler), and it can be annoying, I agree. But you only need 3 Crush to kill Crimson. If your Anubisath Idol has at least 350HP left when engaging Glowy, then you will defeat this tamer.
That's assuming that snarly takes both DoTs? I think my problem was that snarly died to fast, the DoTs went to anubis and he died while being switched for the carry pet. Maybe I messed up with stoneskin, I have to pay more attention next time it fails.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 7th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I have not seen on spawn - so I think they are bugged right now
They're not bugged, they're just very rare and can spawn literally anywhere in Northrend.

I had a lot of trouble with Zusshi and Shu both last night, eventually abandoning both quests as it was just getting too frustrating. I've got to find a new strat for Shu, but maybe Zusshi was just being an RNG jerk.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 7th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:
Anasa wrote:
They're not bugged, they're just very rare and can spawn literally anywhere in Northrend.
Yes but doesn't one of them spawn in each zone at a spawn point? I sitting in crystal song forest, with 3 accounts up and looking at the screen, been doing that for hours, and have yet to see one spawn in any of its 3 points in the forest. So something got to be wrong.
The spawning doesn't work like that exactly. It doesn't appear to spawn in multiple zones at the same time.

Instead, it can spawn in any zone and at any of the spawn locations. Once it's been captured or killed, it picks another spawn point (in any zone) to respawn in. It's possible that it continues like that until a certain number of spawns has been reached, or it meets some other spawning criteria, and then it stops for a while before starting the process again.

You're better off parking an alt at different spawn locations in 3 different zones instead of having them all in one zone.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 7th, 2013, 7:00 pm

I've found two: One at the bottom of the stairs to zul'drak in Grizzly Hills, and one in Zul'drak itself (North central, not sure exact coords)

Wowhead has a pretty good list of known spawning points. Honestly the way I caught my two was to just patrol *all* of Northrend, checking those spawn points.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 7th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Just a thought to split the unborn val'kyr talk to another thread as to not detract from the purpose of this sticky. Was just a thought.

Phraide
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Phraide » June 8th, 2013, 7:36 am

Nytemarerulez wrote: Yeah kinda got off subject - Still like to know which breed I need to seek for BOF team
Both breeds are ok 8-) .
Anasa wrote:I had a lot of trouble with Zusshi and Shu both last night, eventually abandoning both quests as it was just getting too frustrating. I've got to find a new strat for Shu, but maybe Zusshi was just being an RNG jerk.
I can understand the frustration with the Shu team (though it should still work most of the time, with a 65.61% win ratio). I'm trying to assemble a more reliable setup atm (hopefully faster than the previous one with Red Cricket).

But the Zusshi strat is very reliable. I never losed with it. At which point of the fight are you having trouble?

Rellyne
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Rellyne » June 8th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Can't get this Whispering team to work.

Anubisath Idol just can't hold agains Dusty, Deflecting all the Dust attacks + Dusty's cocoons, leaves with only a few chances to attack. On top of that, Anub's crush misses way too much. Changing to Stonekin improved the chances of hitting with Crush, but you also take more damage. Still can't get Anub alive to fight Whispertail.

Changed back to my Emerald(2,2,2)/Carry/Onyxian(2,1,1). Worst case cenario (when you eat some sleeps or just miss the attacks), 27 rounds average, and you have to watch out to not let Emerald just solo it lol. You just can't loose since the team always have a way to recover from bad luck.

Chimonks
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Chimonks » June 8th, 2013, 7:00 pm

I'm consistently doing all the pandaria tamers + cataclysm trainers in almost exactly an hour with two level 25 pets (one pet-treat buff) with, what i feel, is kind of the perfect setups and mostly easily obtainable pets. So if anyone is curious about my setup because they might struggle with certain ones you can PM me. I've put a lot of time into refining it. :lol:

To Rellyne's post above, the easy winner for that tamer is simply adding an infinite whelpling (something with tail sweep and healing flame essentially) in place of the Idol.
Have your carry pet soak the first moth dust, tail sweep with spawn of onyxia until cocoon strike. Use the turn they're protected to heal with healing flame and once again if you get the dragonkin passive before dusty dies. This way you should at the very least get whispertail to half HP. The infinite whelpling should finish it off and hopefully have the dragonkin passive up for the spirit last, where you can open with darkflame and nerf its soothing mists a bit while hitting for over 600. Then tail sweep away.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 8th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Just a small heads up: We're going to be moving this thread (as well as the beginner's version) to the Community Guide section soon. It's not disappearing, just being relocated.

There's loads of helpful information in this thread; keep it coming everyone! And again, many thanks to Phraide for keeping these guides up-to-date. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com