Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Abbottoir
Pet Score:3471
Realm:Nagrand-us
Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Post by Abbottoir » August 18th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Thanks for all the work on this guide, I've used it to tidy up some of the fights that were frustrating me a bit. I read a few posts regarding Whispering Tamer. I realise the guide doesn't use hard to obtain pets but I wanted to share a strat I use for this tamer.

Carry pet first to eat the potential sleep
switch to Sunreaver Micro Senty
Supercharge while opponent is cocooned
Haywire (will sometimes 1-shot)
Haywire goes again (dead moth)
Laser until Sunreaver dies
swicth to Lil' Deathwing
Tail sweep until dragon is 800ish HP ( laser may have him at this point already)
cast Elementium Bolt
cast Darkness, dragon dies and you gain dragon buff
Tail sweep , bolt hits and stuns,
Tail sweep - dead elemental

Because you're under darkness it will occasionaly go wrong but not often.

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » August 19th, 2013, 9:48 pm

I just lost to Courageous Yon. Lapin got some crits, my Emerald Proto-Whelp suffered some misses, and Bleat killed her before she did any damage. Shock & Awe/ Ion Cannon left Bleat with exactly one (1) hit point. Says I, "Cry havoc! Release the carry pet! Again!" Says the carry pet, "Yeah, sure, boss. Confidence is high..."

lollerskates... :mrgreen:

Sci
Top Rater
Pet Score:7805
BattleTag®:Sci#1772
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Sci » August 20th, 2013, 5:31 am

For Seeker Zusshi a yellow moth (p/p) in place of the bat worked fine and in the same number of rounds. This was about an hour ago so I don't recall the exact move order but I believe I just alpha striked the whole way through what was left of the snail and the entire strider. I don't remember any RNG luck but I don't think it wasn't even a close call, the moth still had it's racial buff at the end if I remember correctly. I'll give it another go once maintenance is over to see if it works consistently. I would have posted this earlier when my memory of the fight was fresher but I wanted to get in as many dailies as I could before reset.

Gemini4t
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Gemini4t » August 20th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I just found an awesome way to take down Greyhoof, Gorespine and Kafi for people having trouble getting an Unborn Val'kyr. Pets required:

1. Any pet that can cast Call Lightning. I recommend Thundering Serpent Hatchling as it has the highest power rating of any pet with this ability, but since he can be hard to acquire and needs an upgrade stone, a Sunreaver Micro-Sentry will work just fine.
2. A P/P Zandalari Anklerender, Kneebiter, or Toenibbler.
3. Clockwork Gnome.

The ability sets for the first two pets don't matter, except that the first pet needs Call Lightning, and your Zandalari raptor needs Black Claw.

Clockwork Gnome should have Metal Fist and Build Turret. Second ability slot doesn't matter.

ROUND ONE: Open with Call Lightning.
ROUND TWO: Switch to Zandalari raptor.
ROUND THREE: Use Black Claw.
ROUND FOUR: Swap to Clockwork Gnome.
ROUND FIVE: Build Turret.
ROUND SIX+: Metal Fist as needed. The boss should die this round.

Miatog
Pet Score:8064
BattleTag®:Miatog#1846
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Miatog » August 20th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:
Miatog wrote:First off, thanks a ton for this guide and the beginner one as well. Leveling and catching pets around both guides and it's helping me a ton.

One small note I'd like to make.
- Notes: Grasslands Cottontail [5] is the only variant of rabbit with this stat distribution. I strongly recommand you to avoid any other rabbit/breed for this fight.
Spring Rabbit also comes in the S/S breed. It has slightly lower attack but higher speed. It's what I use since I don't have a S/S Grasslands Cottontail and it works perfectly fine for me.
Point is Grass higher attack = more damage = less turns needed which is the whole point. Team is to give you the fastest kills.
True, but see he had another note under thundering
- Notes: Any variant of Rabbit with a speed above 301 will do. The Grasslands Cottontail [5] just has the best stat distribution for this fight. Flurry is a multi-strike ability, which don't work well against a Shield. As a 1-strike ability, Scratch is better here.
When I read that one, then the one I quoted, makes it sound like he doesn't think any other rabbit will work for the strat. I was pointing out that there is another who works fine. It may not be the preferred, but it works just as well.

Sci
Top Rater
Pet Score:7805
BattleTag®:Sci#1772
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Sci » August 24th, 2013, 4:59 am

Sci wrote:For Seeker Zusshi a yellow moth (p/p) in place of the bat worked fine and in the same number of rounds. This was about an hour ago so I don't recall the exact move order but I believe I just alpha striked the whole way through what was left of the snail and the entire strider. I don't remember any RNG luck but I don't think it wasn't even a close call, the moth still had it's racial buff at the end if I remember correctly. I'll give it another go once maintenance is over to see if it works consistently. I would have posted this earlier when my memory of the fight was fresher but I wanted to get in as many dailies as I could before reset.
So far I've only been back twice but it's been consistent. Follow the existing method with snarly and the bat up until you're supposed to put out the bat but put out the moth instead then alpha strike over and over.

Edit: I forgot what time it is was and dailies resat as I was writing this so I stayed to test more. Five times now instead of finishing the battle I fled before delivering the finishing blow. 4 out of 5 times it was consistently 13 rounds with one time an alpha strike missing and extending that battle by one, the moth still had >50% health for it's racial buff. Now I know that last blow could have missed on any of the 5 but the miss chance for alpha strike is lower than that of reckless strike. I'm thinking yellow moth p/p may actually be the superior option but sadly I'll probably never get to test out a vampiric battling for myself.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 2nd, 2013, 12:04 pm

Phraide wrote:This team doesn't work against No-No. I advise you to use Yellow Moth [4] (2,1,2) and Bat [4] (1,2,1) instead of Unborn Val'kyr and Pandaren Water Spirit against him.
For No-No I use;

1: Jade Owl [8] (1,1,1) (Magic takes 33% less damage, Flying attacks for 50% damage bonus)
2: Gilean Raven [8] (2,2,1)
3: Snowy Owl [10] (1,1,2)

No idea if other breeds would work as well, but these are what I have.

I open with the Jade Owl using Adrenaline Rush which makes it faster than No-No. That way I can Lift off to avoid Dive. I refresh it when I can, like when he builds the fence. There isn't a rotation because No-No is unpredictable.

The owl usually does a pretty good job, but when it dies I use Call Darkness and Nocternal Strike from the Raven and Alpha strike until it dies. With Snowy owl (which I rarely get too) I use Predatory strike if No-No is below 25% health, otherwise I cast what ever makes sense. If No-no is close to 25% I'll just do Peck, if not I cast a Shriek for reduced damage.

Mind you, the 2nd and third pets are unimportant, but I think the Jade owl is an awesome pet to be the lead pet of any No-No team.

Pokgai
Pet Score:2085
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Pokgai » September 3rd, 2013, 7:12 am

I would like to submit a new team for Whispering Pandaren Spirit:

Whispering Pandaren Spirit
14-17 rounds
1: Untamed Hatchling [-] (1,1,2)
2: Carry pet
3: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)

vs Dusty
- Claw > Roar > Claw x2
- If you get slept on the first round, use Roar > Claw > Healing Flame > Roar > Claw x2
vs Whispertail
- Claw until your Untamed Hatchling dies
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Bite until Whispertail dies
vs Pandaren Air Spirit
- Howl > Bite > Surge of Power

If you don't get slept (and none of your claws miss) you will kill Dusty with 1 stack of your roar buff left as well as the dragonkin bonus, allowing for a massive claw to start against Whispertail. My fastest kill was 11 rounds when this attack also crit, and I ended up killing Whispertail before my Untamed Hatchling died.

If you do get slept, you will need to heal at some point or you won't get enough damage into Whispertail with your Untamed Hatchling to make the win reliable. I chose to heal when Moth Dust is up as that would then provide you with the greatest last hit to heal for more.

If you don't get slept but one of your claws miss, you can claw once more to kill dusty without healing, but it will be close when it comes to Chrominius' health at the end. I recommend appending Healing Flame > Roar > Claw to the end instead. Health-wise you are roughly at the same place, but you now have the dragonkin bonus + 2 rounds of roar left to get more damage on Whispertail before your Untamed Hatchling dies.

Eraea
Pet Score:9123
Realm:Malorne-us

Post by Eraea » September 3rd, 2013, 12:46 pm

I do have to say TY so much for your hard work on making this guide, with a bit of farming for proper breeds and pure determination to get set up to mass level pets I finally am able to carry pets because of this guide. I wanted to prepare for 5.4 and come into it with as many pets as possible.

Boozehound
Top Rater
Pet Score:8578
BattleTag®:Blue#11854
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Boozehound » September 5th, 2013, 11:20 am

Many thanks for Veteran's guide (and the beginner guide). I have this guide to thank for getting my 75 lvl 25s achievement.

Would it be possible to break this thread into one for each tamer? Trying to find info on a specific fight (or comment on a specific fight) has become quite cumbersome as the thread has grown in length.

Tangerine
Pet Score:4931
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Tangerine » September 5th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Ridgebj wrote:Vampiric batling is used twice in the guide:

For Flowing Pandaren Spirit using the P/P Bat makes the fight very random. I have replaced the Bat with a rare P/B Jade Owl (2,1,1). Other breeds should be fine too (B/B or P/S)

vs Marley
- Adrenaline Rush > Thrash > Lift-Off > Adrenaline Rush > Thrash until Marley dies. (If Marley has low health then use Adrenaline Rush rather than Thrash so you go in to Tiptoe fight with 3 rounds of speed).
vs Tiptoe
- Thrash (only if you have the speed buff from Adrenaline Rush) otherwise Adrenaline Rush > Thrash until Tiptoe dies. If Jade Owl dies > switch to Carry pet then follow existing guide.
vs Pandaren Water Spirit
- If Jade Owl is still alive > switch to Carry pet > switch to Emerald Proto Whelp and follow guide.
The Jade Owl was always a great choice for this battle. Before I cared about carry pets, I used 3 of them for this fight, sometimes finishing the fight with just the first one. When this guide came out, I switched to the Bat strat for carry leveling, and swapped out the Bat with the Jade Owl later. I saw this strat and wanted to provide a slight alternative.

Rather than Adrenaline Rush > Thrash > Lift-Off > Adrenaline Rush > Thrash, I use Slicing Wind > Adrenaline Rush > Lift-Off > Slicing Wind. The Adrenaline Rush does no damage as Marley is in a Dive, but it makes it so that the second Slicing Wind often kills Marley before he is able to drop another Whirlwind or complete his Pump. If Slicing Wind does an average job, I start Tiptoe at full health with no Whirlpool. Granted, Thrash would probably be better against Tiptoe, but if he does not heal himself too many times, he goes down with the Owl still able to take some HP off of the Air Spirit. The only caveat is that the HP of the carry pet needs to be high enough to withstand at least 10 Tidal Waves, which means you either use this fight to level a 23 to 25, or your carry pet is Magic, against which, Tidal Wave is weak.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 9th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Copy/pasting the template:

Burning Pandaren Spirit
13 rounds (minimum)
1: Anubisath Idol [-] (1,1,1)
2: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)
3: Carry pet (may take some damage from Crimson’s Cyclone. Should have 400 HP +)

vs Crimson
- Crush > Sandstorm > Crush until Crimson dies
vs Pandaren Fire Spirit
- Deflection > Sandstorm > Crush > Crush > Crush - repeat this sequence, if needed, until Pandaren Fire Spirit dies
vs Glowy
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Howl > Surge of Power

You can use Stoneskin instead of Sandstorm. Sandstorm is a safer play but can cause the battle to take longer.

Edit: If you decide to use Stoneskin then use Crush instead vs Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Last edited by Yamum on September 10th, 2013, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yamum

Post by Yamum » September 9th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Copy/pasting the template:

Flowing Pandaren Spirit
14-15 rounds
1: Vampiric Batling [-] (1,2,1)
2: Carry pet (your Carry pet should have around 700 HP to survive the fight)
3: Mongoose [any breed] or Mongoose Pup [5] (2,2,2)

vs Marley
- Reckless Strike > Hawk Eye > Reckless Strike > Bite until Marley dies
vs Tiptoe
- Bite until your Vampiric Batling dies > switch to Carry pet > switch to Mongoose > Gnaw until Tiptoe dies
vs Pandaren Water Spirit
- Gnaw until there is 1-turn left on Whirlpool and Geyser > Dive > Gnaw until Pandaren Water Spirit dies
- If you get really bad RNG you can use Survival to give yourself 2 more rounds to finish the battle

This takes about the same amount of turns as the currently listed team but is much less prone to RNG and much more capable of recovering from bad RNG.

Yamum

Post by Yamum » September 10th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Hey.... Sludgy is now a Magic pet and Dusty is now a Flying pet!

Yamum

Post by Yamum » September 12th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Hyuna of the Shrines
11 rounds
1: Nexus Whelpling [P/P] (1,2,2)
2: Carry pet
3: Yellow Moth [P/P] (2,1,2)

vs Skyshaper
- Arcane Storm > Mana Surge > Mana Surge - Skyshaper dies
vs Fangor
- Mana Surge
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Yellow Moth
- Alpha Strike until Fangor dies
vs Dor the Wall
- Cocoon Strike > Moth Dust > Alpha Strike > Alpha Strike

Yamum

Post by Yamum » September 12th, 2013, 9:51 pm

A minor change as this Tamer behaves slightly different as of Patch 5.4.

Farmer Nishi
14 rounds
1: Carry pet
2: Eternal Strider [P/S] (1,2,2)
3: Darkmoon Tonk [-] (1,1,2)

vs Siren
- Pump charge > Cleansing Rain > Pump release > Pump charge > Water Jet - Siren dies
vs Toothbreaker
- Pump release > Cleansing Rain > Pump charge > Water Jet - Toothbreaker dies
vs Brood of Mothran
- Pump release > switch to carry pet > switch to Darkmoon Tonk
- Shock and Awe > Ion Canon - Brood of Mothran dies

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 13th, 2013, 7:27 am

I'm hoping Phraide will update this guide in the near future, but in the meantime thank you to everyone posting some altered strategies to accommodate the 5.4 changes. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com