Wild Pet Spawning Conditions

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Re: Wild Pet Spawning Conditions

Post by Imthedci » July 24th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Restless Shadelings are at least out until 9am (server time). That's when I managed to get my rare! :mrgreen:

Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us

Post by Amatheiya » July 25th, 2012, 1:53 am

is anyone checking out the bc zones for spawn conditions yet? i have yet to see the flayer (hellfire) or fledgling ray (netherstorm) out during the night.

update: finally found an infested bear cub, daytime, normal weather. about 10:50 am

Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us

Post by Amatheiya » July 26th, 2012, 12:23 am

does anyone know the location/conditions for the Nordrassil Wisp?
i assumed nordrassil, but i haven't seen anything day or night yet.

Imthedci

Post by Imthedci » July 26th, 2012, 10:07 am

I saw a good amount of them last night while I was flying away from Nordrassil (on my way to once again be disappointed by the lack of Minfernals...). I believe it was about 10:30 pm (so about 7:30 pm server time).

One of the other mobs that I looked for but haven't found is the Diemetradon Hatchling. Looked everywhere in Un'goro. Found a ton of Parrots and Silky Moths that were flying way too high to be battled. Gotta remember to report that on the Bliz forums... (but that's off topic) :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2012, 2:53 pm

I've updated the confirmed list with two more and their details, but if you discover otherwise about them feel free to provide some details! The list is by no means complete or finalized.

Thanks again to all testing the spawning conditions for the wild pets!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kittens
Pet Score:2962
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Kittens » July 27th, 2012, 6:44 am

Heya!

I've been farming the Molten Hatchlings a bit, and by now I'm pretty sure they only spawn at night. So I think they can be added to the list :)

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Duerma » July 27th, 2012, 11:00 pm

So, in the latest build, pets that have a special condition to spawn have it noted in the pet journal. I've attached a picture. This will make our lives a lot easier!

Arctic Fox Kit - Snow
Baby Ape - Rain
Qiraji Guardlin: Summer (so will we have to wait 9 months to catch it since Mists goes live right after the autumnal equinox? :( )
Silithid Hatchling - Sandstorm
Snowy Owl - Winter (I suppose we can't catch it til December then?)
Widow Spiderling: Night

I feel like this list should be longer. Maybe it's incomplete. :?: :?:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072712_215903.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072712_215903.jpg (93.17KiB)Viewed 24942 times

Kittens
Pet Score:2962
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Kittens » July 28th, 2012, 5:21 am

Well.. at 3.19 AM I am standing in front of a Minfernal in the Shatter Scar Vale in Felwood.. only problem is it decided to spawn inside a huge tree, so no way to engage it ;)

Remescao
Pet Score:2877
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Remescao » July 28th, 2012, 6:35 am

Kittens wrote:Well.. at 3.19 AM I am standing in front of a Minfernal in the Shatter Scar Vale in Felwood.. only problem is it decided to spawn inside a huge tree, so no way to engage it ;)
Try /tar Minfernal

And if you can get a target, look at your keybindings for "Interact with Target" and set it to something. I used 'alt-t'. Sometimes when I get an 'pet is obstructed' that helps engage.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/remescao/#col
http://petsear.ch/Pets/US/Cairne/gryndom

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 28th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Now that the Pet Journal is showing the spawning conditions for certain wild pets, it will be much easier to fill out the list. If there's additional details about a wild pet's spawning that you discover/observe, feel free to continue posting in this thread!

I'll go ahead and update the list located here, but ultimately we'll be adding the information to WarcraftPet's database. It will be all nice and neatly organized for everyone's convenience. :)

Thank you everyone, again, for your assistance with testing!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Grarn
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Grarn » July 28th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Qiraji Guardlin: Summer (so will we have to wait 9 months to catch it since Mists goes live right after the autumnal equinox? :( )

It's probable that they'll work like the summer bass/winter squid do in fishing. They switch over on the equinoxes, so that each is available for 6 months. Still bad timing on the release though, they'll have switched several days before.

Imthedci

Post by Imthedci » July 30th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Autumnal Equinox: Sep. 22
MOP Release: Sep. 25 :shock:

3 days! That's... just... wrong. :cry:

We gotta get on the Blizz forums and try to get a stay of execution or something! Otherwise I don't want to know how many people will be camping in front of AQ in April...

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » July 30th, 2012, 3:24 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a widow spiderling joined battle with a skunk @ 6:30pm my time (Central Standard Time), 5:30 beta server time last night, so it seems 'night' starts pretty early? (Down by the crossroads leading to STV)

I had several blight hawks join battles in WLP outside of Andorhal. Not sure if that was noted anywhere before, but came as a surprise to me.

Finally about giraffe calves:

Click for Image

Randomly found a little way south of field of blood, where I had been searching earlier. Found another one only a little way north right after I'd caught this one.
Image Image

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » August 9th, 2012, 7:09 am

Since they've implemented cross-realm "sharing", there are phasing issues with several pets (e.g. minfernal in Felwood, flayer youngling in Hellfire Peninsula). We'll just have to see how it works out...

Diva
Top Rater
Pet Score:8034
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Diva » August 9th, 2012, 11:08 am

I've already informed Quint in beta but for everyone's record the Widow Spiderlings of Duskwood have actual mob spawns of their own that disappeared around 6 am server when I was farming Duskwood. Not sure what time they start spawning at night yet, still working on it. However, it should be noted that for those who dont wish to wait, they Can spawn as "tag along" mobs when you engage other critters in battle at Any time of the day. :) It just isnt often that it happens but i saw quite a few after the mobs had actually despawned.

Imthedci

Post by Imthedci » August 9th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Checked right as the servers went back up one day - Here's where I found Giraffe Calves (or would that be Calfs?)

Diva
Top Rater
Pet Score:8034
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Diva » August 10th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Only managed to find Five* Tiny Twister spawns between 5 and 6:15 pm near the outer circle with the other storm elementals, it was raining. So idk. Its info doesnt say it requires the rain, but I hadnt seen them spawn any other time either and i sure havent seen many of them. =\ Really bad spawn rate maybe?